What is the news?
Many schools in Punjab have once again received bomb threats. Panic spread across the city due to the email threat received by schools on Tuesday morning. The email senders have also threatened to bomb Fortis Hospital in Mohali, where Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann is currently admitted. Following the threat, security has been increased in the entire hospital premises including schools. Schools have been evacuated.
Mention of explosion at 11 o’clock during board exams
The schools had received the threat email around 8:30 am, stating that a blast would be carried out around 11 am. This was informed to the police, after which the bomb disposal squad and senior officers reached the spot and started investigation. This threat has been given at a time when CBSE Board 10th and 12th examinations have started in schools. Last week also 16 schools in Mohali had received threats.
Security is tight in the hospital
The email has been sent by ‘Khalistan National Army’, which is continuously sending such emails in many states including Punjab, Delhi and Gujarat. Chief Minister Mann is admitted in Fortis Hospital after suffering from respiratory problem. The email claims that Mann has been infected with polonium chemical. There has been a threat to blow up the hospital at 1:15 pm. Security has been tightened throughout the hospital and a bomb disposal squad has conducted an investigation.
twitter post
threatening email
The Fortis Hospital in Mohali where Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann is admitted has been threatened with a bomb.
It is written in the threat email that the heirs of Bhagwant Mann’s brother Dilawar Singh have infected him with polonium. Polonium is a radioactive substance, which is poisonous.
In threat email… pic.twitter.com/aXjqqaPSPS
— Sachin Gupta (@SachinGuptaUP) February 17, 2026
twitter post
Strict security arrangements in the hospital
#WATCH | Punjab: Security heightened outside Fortis Hospital in Mohali as several schools and Fortis Hospital have received bomb threats.
Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann was admitted to Fortis Hospital yesterday. pic.twitter.com/Og2rGiysFh
— ANI (@ANI) February 17, 2026
Investigation into those sending emails continues
Superintendent of Police Dilpreet Singh said that the threat had turned out to be false last time too and this time also no suspicious object has been found from the school and hospital. He said that the sender of the email is being traced, many organizations are involved in this and this work is being done from outside. He said that due to the examinations in the schools, after investigation, the arrangements were normalized and normal work is going on in the hospital.

Leave a Comment